Wednesday, November 6, 2013

We've Gone Batty!

Welcome Back! Last week our class learned all about bats. We read many nonfiction and fiction books about bats and recorded facts we learned about bats. We also spent some time comparing and contrasting bats and birds using a Venn Diagram:


Another thing we did was think about something that drives us "batty". Then we wrote this chart together as a class. It is very entertaining to find out what bothers or annoys five and six year olds!

What drives you batty?
It drives me batty when my sister doesn’t clean up. (Mrs. Khan)
It drives me batty when I had to stay at the store until night because there
was a storm. (Yousef)
It drives me batty when my brother pulls my t-shirt. (Srikaran)
It drives me batty when my mom forgets to put soap in the soap dispenser.
(Savi)
It drives me batty when my brother breaks my markers. (Stella)
It drives me batty when my sister doesn’t dress up with me. (Savannah)
It drives me batty when my brother doesn’t ever play Barbies with me.
(Sophia)
It drives me batty when my brother cries. (Prabhav)
It drives me batty when someone hits me. (Nima)
It drives me batty when my big sister won’t let me wake her up. (Katelyn)
It drives me batty when my dad wrestles me. (Jack)
It drives me batty when I can’t catch up with my dog. (Evan)
It drives me batty when my dad giggles.(Daniel)
It drives me batty when my dad tickles me. (Caitlin)
IT drives me batty when my big sister won’t play with me. (Clara)
It drives me batty when my dogs wrestle. (Brooke)
It drives me batty when my big brother will never play with me. (Bailey)
It drives me batty when my baby sister breaks my crayons. (Aubree)
It drives when my baby sister pulls on me. (Ava)
It drives me batty when my dad makes up jokes.
(Adam)
It drives me batty when I can’t catch up with my dad
on my bicycle. (Alexander)
It drives me batty when my brother teases me.(Asa)

No comments: